Leet More announces hack you CTF
On October 3, 2012 team Leet More announces hack you contest.
The tasks are designed specifically for ITMO first-year guys, but we decided to make it open to the world.
This CTF is Jeopardy-style. It means there is a set of information security themed tasks in several categories,
and each task has its own score value. The goal of each task is to find out some secret string — the flag.
The person that solves the task and submits the flag to this page gets some score.
Read Wikipedia article for slightly more info »
There are 6 categories of tasks:
- PPC (tasks that require programming),
- Stegano (tasks that have some secret info embedded in a pile of crap and require steganalysis),
- Crypto (tasks that involve dealing with cryptoalgorithms and ciphertexts),
- Web (tasks that have to do with web technologies and site hacking),
- Reversing (tasks that feature a binary that needs to be examined and analyzed),
- Network/Packets (tasks that require knowledge of network protocols, sniffing etc.)
The registration is open from October 3 to the end of the competition.
Team registrations are not allowed. Please register personally.
The CTF contest starts October 8, 2012 at 18:00 MSK and will end October 18, 2012 at 18:00 MSK.
Tasks are hidden before the start of the CTF.
See you in our IRC channel and on e-mail!
IRC: #hackyou @ Dal.Net (Global, not the russian one)